Threads NexGen Youth Dance Project Ballet and Modern Instructors
Threads NexGen/YDP (Youth Dance Project) is looking to hire ethnically diverse individuals to teach ballet and modern technique classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for upcoming 12-week, fall sessions. We seek skilled dance instructors to be part of weekly, intensive programming that also includes nutrition and embodied movement exploration at Threads Dance Nexus.
Candidates must have extensive experience in ballet and/or modern, strong communication skills, experience working with children, and provide informative, engaging, and effective movement instruction reflecting the Dance Nexus philosophy (see below).
Instructors will be compensated for class hours at a rate of $40/hour. Instructors are also welcome to attend Threads Company Class on Mondays or Tuesdays from 9:00-10:30 a.m. as well as rent the studio at a discounted staff rate.
September 18-December 9, 2023 on Tuesdays
For youth ages 8-12
Ballet – Beginning and Beginning/Advanced, 5:30-6:30 or 6:00-7:00 p.m.
September 18-December 16, 2023 on Wednesdays
For youth ages 13-17
Ballet – Intermediate/Advanced, 1.5 hours in range of 4:00-7:30 p.m.
Modern – Intermediate/Advanced, 1.5 hours in range of 4:00-7:30 p.m.
NexGen/YDP uses a holistic approach to training future dance artists. The program enables youth to enhance technical skills, explore creativity, and manage stress and trauma in a safe, supportive environment. Students will receive high-level training and education from professionals in ballet technique, modern dance technique, embodied movement exploration, and nutrition. At Threads Dance Nexus, we strive to create an equitable and inclusive learning environment where students’ gifts can be cultivated and opportunities for growth are embraced. We seek to be a place where diverse learners are treated with dignity and respect.
Our Teaching Philosophy
- Culturally Relevant — so that dancers of any race or ethnicity feel a sense of belonging.
- Trauma-Informed – dance education has the potential to reproduce harm or liberate; we chose liberation!
- Anatomically Sound – working safely with the body to keep you dancing longer and stronger.
- Inclusive and Equitable – all are welcome and differing needs are acknowledged.
- Socially Just – seek to rectify injustice through arts activism.
For more information and to apply, email an introduction and your resume to Angela Ericson at email@example.com
Communications & Operations Coordinator (0.5 FTE)
Job Description: The Communications & Operations Coordinator is a multifaceted role responsible for shoring up the logistical and operational foundations of the organization. This position is responsible for all Threads marketing & promotions. This provides broad exposure to a variety of arts administration careers–opening the door for future exploration.
Manage studio rentals including: (35%)
- interfacing with clients
- drawing up and filing contracts
- invoicing and collecting payments
- managing studio calendar and bookings
- light cleaning and sanitizing
- on-site supervision during rentals
Bill processing & recordkeeping (10%)
- record and process incoming payments and expenses under the supervision of the Artistic/Executive Director (AD/ED) and Accountant
- update, organize and file Threads essential documents
Marketing & Communications (45%)
- Design and post content to social media platforms
- Build a following and targeted audience engagement
- Promote upcoming performances, events, and workshops in tandem with overall marketing strategy
Documentation Management (10%)
- Update all org calendars, contact information and website
- Manages all contractor and venue contracts
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- BA/BS in Dance, Business Administration, Arts Administration or related fields a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to the Threads Dance Nexus (2213 Snelling Ave, Minneapolis, 55404) and the ability to work remotely.
- Interest/Experience in concert dance, dance education, and non-profit organizations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and basic computer literacy
- Experience with major social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and forward-thinking
- Strong attention to detail, sense of integrity, and work ethic
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to effectively multi-task, adapt responsively, and work independently
- Strong time management skills
Reports to: Managing Director
Compensation: $15.00- $25/hr. | Additional benefits and discounts are available.
For more information and to apply, email an introduction and your resume to Karen Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org