Current openings are below.
Position Title: Managing Director
Job Description: The Managing Director supports the Artistic/Executive director in guiding the company’s voice and vision. The Managing Director is responsible for the success, performance, and strategies of the business. The Managing Director manages all business operations and ventures and will report to the Artistic/Executive Director.
Implement Annual Development Plan & Strategies (35%)
- Grantwriting, prospecting, and stewardship
- Cultivate and oversee all Individual Giving
- Manage bi-annual ask letters and fundraising campaigns
Manage Marketing & Communications Strategies (25%)
- Design and distribute marketing materials (e-newsletter, print and web)
- Generate and edit copy
- Grow social media followings
- Promote upcoming performances, events, and workshops in tandem with overall marketing strategy
- Maintain e-newsletter subscriber list
Threads Dance Nexus Operations and Community Engagement & Education Programming (20%)
- Develop, produce, and evaluate all Nexus programming (classes, YDP, Home|Body, Dance Connections)
- Build following and targeted audience engagement
- Promote upcoming performances, events, and workshops in tandem with the overall marketing strategy
- Develop & implement community educational opportunities & programs ( matinees, online education, community workshops, etc.)
- Design and curriculum and arts education resources
- Cultivate & nurture relationships with current and potential community partners to accomplish outreach and education goals
- Represent the company at social and corporate events in ways that strengthen the brand and communicate the company’s mission
- Oversee company operations (facility rentals, financial operations, data management, studio management, annual calendars)
- Ensure employees and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements
Strategic Planning & Board Relations (5%)
- Collaborate with Board of Directors and Artistic/Exec Director to identify, create and implement strategic plans to actualize business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent in dance, arts management, or non-profit management.
- 2-5 years of experience with a professional dance company, service industry, or a non-profit
- Ability to provide dance instruction to youth (ages 4-18)
- Understanding of concert dance and non-profit funding
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Proficient in major social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Strong attention to detail, sense of integrity, and work ethic
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, adapt responsively, and work independently
- Strong time management skills
COMPENSATION: $36,00–42,000 annually, Commensurate with experience.
REPORT TO: Artistic/Executive Director
TO APPLY: Email Resume/CV to Artistic/Executive Director, Karen L. Charles, firstname.lastname@example.org